Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Christmas Caramel Sauce and Apple Baskets

I am on vacation right now so all of my posts this week are things I've made in the past and have taken pictures of. This is what we gave out for neighbor gifts last Christmas. Since it was half a year ago, I have forgotten a lot of the details, but most things are just a matter of choice. I'll do my best to remember.

I can't find the recipe that I used, but some of it was kind of grainy anyway, so I found you one that looks good here. I have not tried this recipe, but it looks like a good recipe and there is a detailed tutorial. When I make caramel again I will be trying this recipe. I have since learned from my friend Julie who is an awesome cook, that you are not supposed to scrape the sides of the pan. I guess that's what makes it grainy. When the caramel was done I poured it into canning jars.

I used Basic Grey paper to wrap around the bottle and also for the Labels. Basic Grey is my favorite paper company. You'll see a lot of Basic Grey paper on this blog! I cut the label out with my Cricut, Slice, or Cuttlebug. I can't remember-sorry :(. I believe I used a stamp from Stampin' Up for the caption on the label. I think I also cut a circle of patterned paper for the top of each bottle to cover up the writing on the lid.

I bought the baskets at Dollar Tree. I put some crinkled, shredded paper ( that I also bought at the Dollar Store) in each of the baskets. I placed a bottle of caramel sauce in the basket and filled the rest of the space with apples.

I wrapped the basket in cellophane, tied it with a red ribbon and attached a peppermint candy tag that I made with my Cricut using the Simply Charmed cartridge which is by far my most used carriage. I hope you like this idea. It was a fun one to make. Oh, and I had to share this cool, striped apple with you. I thought it was pretty awesome!










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...