Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Young Women Manual 3 Lesson 23 "Overcoming Opposition"

Pin It

For a copy of the lesson from the manual go HERE.
Here is the Handout.




It's super easy!

1. Print the Bag Topper (print HERE)

2. Fill a 7 3/4" x 3 1/2" Cellophane bag with Sour Patch Kids candy.
3. fold bag down about 2 inches and staple Topper to bag.
4. Embellish with a button and a bow (or nothing)or whatever you like.


This is a copy of a picture we have hanging in our home. It say's, "Sometimes God calms the storm. Sometimes He let's the storm rage and calms His child." I bought it a Seagull Book because I liked the quote and, well, because it was cheap. At the time I had no idea what an impact it would have on my teenage daughter. She took a lot of comfort from understanding that she had her Father in Heaven comforting her during hard times.


Here are some supplements that would be great with this lesson:
1. . "Overcoming Opposition"' Elder Dallin H. Oaks
2. "Opposition, Joy and The Nice Life"' Bruce C. And Marie Hafen
3. This video is excellent! It's called My New Life.it's about Stephanie Nielson, survivor of a near-fatal plane crash. If you haven't seen it already, check it out now. You will be amazed at this sweet, incredible Lady.
Come back soon,


This post was featured on Sugardoodle.net

8 comments:

shannonigan said...

I want to be in your class:)

Jacinda Cote said...

I love this idea! So great! I find my girls learn really well when I have something that they can touch, or see, like an object lesson..
Come take a look at my blog too! :) I've got a few things going...
www.periwinklepixies.blogspot.com

SUZY said...

Shannon, you are in a class of your own. Ha ha. I love you!

SUZY said...

Hey Jacinda,

I LOVE your blog!!! I had a blast reading posts and looking at your fun projects. I love your subway art. I signed up to be one of your followers. Thanks for the comment!!

Suzy

Georgina Close said...

again an awesome help to our lesson. went great today. please keep posting such great ideas (only if you have time) I really appreciate the wonderful help. I am totally hopeless (and tired have a 8 wk old baby) at thinking up things but i can definitely follow instructions. xxx

SUZY said...

Georgina, I really appreciate your comments. It makes me so happy to know that my posts are helping you! I'm glad your lesson went well and CONGRATULATIONS on the new baby!

Jer and Cam said...

Thank you for sharing your ideas, they are amazing!

Suzy said...

Thanks Jer and Cam. I'm Find my posts useful. Thanks for commenting. I hope you'll come back.

Suzy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...