Thursday, July 21, 2011

"Secret Sister" Gift Tags and Plaque

Pin It
This year at camp not only are the girls doing Secret Sisters, but the leaders are also giving to each other.  The leaders are only giving 2 of the 4 days. Here are the gifts I will be giving.

This plaque has my Secret Sister's favorite scripture on it.  Unfortunately I can't provide a printable because the picture is copyrighted, but I can tell you how to do it.

Just purchase and scan the picture you want to use.  Lighten it in Photoshop or whatever editing program you use, I then copied it to Microsoft Publisher and added the text using a "word art" frame.  I printed it off with my printer because I was in a hurry, but it's cheaper to have it printed by a photo lab.

I Mod Podged it onto a wooden plaque that I got at Ben Franklin for $2.79.  -- (I painted the edges of the plaque black before I added the picture.)  I roughed up the edges of the picture with an fingernail file and then I inked the edges a little with black ink.

***This would make a fun Young Women Activity.  You could have each girl give you her favorite scripture and a picture she chooses to go with it then print the scripture on the picture for them and Mod Podge to plaques.

This was quick and easy once I finished editing the picture and quote. 
My Secret Sister's favorite candy is Almond Rocca.  I just wrapped a can in cellophane and added this gift tag that I made.  You can get a copy of the gift tags HERE.  There are four different colors.  Each tag is a full page in size, but when you print you can make it smaller.  I did four to a page.  When you are ready to print-- go to PRINT and then PREFERENCES, then FEATURES, then PAGES PER SHEET, select 4 PAGES PER SHEET. If you want them smaller choose more pages per sheet to print.  The more pages per sheet, the smaller the tags will be. I left a little border of white around them when I cut them out.  Hope you like them.

2 comments:

kalve said...

I just found your blog a few days ago via Pinterest...I look fwd to my "ipad time" each evening so that I can come to your blog and see all of the creative things you've done!! Can you please tell me where you got this picture so that I may go get one for myself. I am going to surely be making this craft very soon.

SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

I loved getting your comment Kalve! I'm so glad you found me! I can't remember where I found that picture. I either bought it at Deseret Book and then ran it trough my printer to add the scripture or I found it online and printed it all at once. I think I bought it at DB. I will research it and find out what it's called.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...