The following note is from the Young Women Resource Guide 2011 "Note to the teacher-""Please remember the home is also a community, and the most important service we can ever give is in our own homes."
I loved seeing this because I agree 100%! Isn't that where we are spending most of our time and energy? Just for us teachers that is a great thing to keep in mind since our "plates" are already so full. Besides that, when you think about it, we do a ton of community service outside the home as well. Serving in the Young Men or Young Women program is kind of like our own Big Brother/Big Sister program, right?
Here are some additional resources
1. Video: “We Believe In Doing Good To All Men-service” lds.org/youth/video.
2. Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “Lift Where You Stand,” Oct. 2008 general conference.
3. Quentin L. Cook, “Stewardship-a Sacred Trust,” Oct. 2009 general conference.
I love this quote by Marjorie Hinckley. She is my favorite! It helps keep things in perspective for me. I am excited to share this quote with my girls!
1. Just print out the quote HERE - (4 per page)
2. Cut out quote and staple to a 3.5" X 7.5" cellaphane bag or container of your choice. Mine has 12 Hershey's kisses in it.
3. Attach a bow
That's a pretty quick and easy one right?
Come back soon,