Monday, August 15, 2011

Young Women Manual 3 Lesson 31, "Serving In The Church"

Pin It
Here are some great talks and articles that go great with this lesson:1. "Rise To Your Call" Henry B. Eyring
2. LDS quotes on "Church Callings"
3. "Feed My Sheep" by Elder Ulisses Soares of the Seventy

This is the handout:


There are 2 versions of this handout.  Version 2 is very quick and easy, but version 1 isn't difficult either.  It just takes a bit more time.

To make handout #1:
1. Print out tag HERE.  (6 tags per page)
2. Cut tags out around black outer border.
3. Fill a container with popcorn.  I got my popcorn boxes at the dollar store in the wrapping paper section.  If you can't find popcorn boxes you can use any box or bag you want.  A little tin pail would be darling! 
4. Wrap with cellophane. I put mine in a cellophane bag that is about the size of a paper lunch sack.
5. Finish off with a cute bow and attach the tag.

*I always try to be generous with ribbon.  If you are trying to skimp it always shows.  A nice hearty bow makes any gift or handout look generous.

**I made White Chocolate Popcorn.  I got the recipe HERE. I'm not usually a white chocolate fan, but I LOVE it on popcorn!

To make handout #2:

This version is the quicker easier version.  Print out the tag HERE. (2 tags per page.)
attach to a bag of microwave popcorn with plenty of ribbon.  EASY!!!

I really want to help the girls understand how much of a difference they can make by really serving in their callings even though they are so young.  I have a couple of family experiences I want to share with them.

I also want to share my feelings about how blessed we are to even have the opportunity to serve each other.  It is such a privilege.  The Lord could do it Himself, but because He allows us to serve we grow and improve ourselves and we develop love and concern for those we serve.  Serving in our callings really does benefit us and those we serve.
Come back soon,

18 comments:

Georgina Close said...

your ideas are amazing!!!!
Thank you
Georgina x x x
aren't the young women just great?!

SUZY said...

Hi Georgina!
Yes, the Young Women are the best! So are you. Thanks for Your comments and complements. They keep me excited to continue posting stuff.

Suzy

Georgina Close said...

HI Suzy,
Sat night here and after putting all my babies to sleep and a huge day, I jump on your blog to print off the great handouts for my lesson tomorrow and was about to tell you in a comment how great this handout is (and every other idea) and I had already commented!!
Funny. Thanks for the reply : )
Am off to pop some popcorn and finish a talk for trek fireside tomorrow night and you know all the 'stuff' that needs to be done before Sunday.
Keep posting I love all your ideas and use them each week.

Georgina x
p.s My girls love them too.

SUZY said...

Georgina you are so cute. You are so conscientious. Thanks for your comments. I'm always happy to hear grim you. I'm doing this lesson this week too. I'm excited about it.

Suzy

SUZY said...

Georgina,

I meant from, not "grim". You are anything but grim. Ha ha.

Suzy

Gina said...

This is fantastic! Keep these coming. You are a lifesaver!

SUZY said...

Thanks Gina! Glad to hear you liked it. I will keep posting. Thanks for letting me know I'm posting for a purpose.

Suzy

Ben and Marcie said...

Hi Suzy,
I just wanted to thank you for posting your handouts. They are all so adorable and are so helpful for non-creative people like me! I've used 3 or 4 of them already, and wish I would have found your blog sooner! Thanks again, keep them coming! :)
Marcie

SUZY said...

Dear Marcie,
I am so glad you have been able to use the handouts on this blog. It makes me so happy to hear that. Thanks for letting me know you liked them. Do we have fun callings or what?

Suzy

Lisa Robbins said...

I really love all of your ideas. I just recently got put into Young womens and am in search of some good handouts for my lessons. You have some amazing ones! Thanks for sharing! :)

SUZY said...

Thanks Lisa,
Welcome to Young Women! It's such a fun calling. Glad you found me!

Suzy

The Smith's said...

I am so thankful that there are amazing women like you out there!! Whenever it is my turn to teach I always come to you! You have the best ideas and the cutest handouts! I cant thank you enough for all of your help! You are so awesome. Please dont ever stop!

SUZY said...

Dear Sister Smith,

Don't you love the church? I don't know your first name, so I just call you Sister Smith. Ha ha! :)
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It's very rewarding for me to know that you are able to use some of the ideas from this blog. I will definitely keep posting!

Thanks,
Suzy

Ben and Marcie said...

Hi Suzy. I was trying to print out handout #2 and a part of the scripture is cut off. Is this just on my end or is it something that you can fix? Thanks so much!

Marcie

SUZY said...

Oh Marcie,

Thank you SO much for letting me know about this problem. Sometimes when I change the document's format to PDF. The font automatically changes and if it's a bigger font, some of the words dissapear. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It should work for you now.

Suzy

Ben and Marcie said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You are awesome! I really appreciate it!!

silver girl said...

thank you so much!!!!!! I loved this!

Anonymous said...

thank you thank you! my lesson is going to be great tomorrow now. I remember the handouts just making the lesson that much more memorable when I was at that age. Thank you for sharing your talents

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...