Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Young Women Manual 3 Lesson 33: Each Person Is Divine and Eternal

Pin It
For a copy of the lesson go HERE.

Here are some great links for this lesson:
1. Thomas S. Monson, “Canaries with Gray on Their Wings,Liahona, June 2010.
2. Thomas S. Monson, “May You Have Courage,” Mar. 2009 general Young Women meeting. Consider reading the 13 paragraphs beginning with “May I speak first about the courage to refrain from judging others…”
3. Susan W. Tanner, “Daughters of Heavenly Father,” Mar. 2007 general Young Women meeting.

Here is the handout:


This is another find from my sister Shannon.  I think these little shoes are just adorable!
The template for the shoe is HERE.

Print out or trace shoe and shoe sole pattern onto cute cardstock paper.
Cut out the pieces and assemble as indicated on the pattern folding tabs around shoe sole matching fronts and backs. The strap comes across the top matching with dot on shoe.
Embellish with flowers or whatever you want.
The printable tags can be found HERE.


I filled my shoes with these little   Guitard  mint chips I bought at Ben Franklin.  I put them in a small cellophane bag first and then tucked them into the shoe (top side of bag down in the toe of the shoe).
Come back soon,
 

5 comments:

Moira said...

Hi Suzy,
I am going to try and make these for our lesson this week, it is such a darling idea, I know the girls are going to be so impressed if I can pull it off. Wish me luck and thank you again you are the best!
Luv ya :)

SUZY said...

That's right Moira,
Those are going to be the cutesy little shoes ever! Good luck. I found liquid glue like good old Elmers or scrapbooking glue works the best. Adhesive runners and glue stick don't hold as well.

Love,
Suzy

Moira said...

I didn't get time to return and read your reply, you were absolutely correct about the glue stick, not the best glue to use. And even though they weren't as neat as yours, the girls all thought they were adorable! I found it a real challenge to fit the sole to the shoe but got there in the end, I am getting better at this!
Thanks Suzy you are a legend!

SUZY said...

Moira,
You are good for my self esteem. Yay for you! You pulled this project off! I agree with you. It's a little tricky fitting the sole to the shoe, but it works and it is definitely worth it!

Suzy

Trish the Dish said...

Thank you SO SO much for these references! Seriously-I know the spirit will be in my lesson with these powerful thoughts. Thank you so much and that shoe is ADORABLE!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...