Friday, September 2, 2011

Decorated Clothespins

Pin It
Yesterday I posted a tutorial for the Memo Board.  Here is the post I promised showing the clothespins you can use with it.  Our Young Women made these at Girl's Camp.
These are super quick and easy!
Materials:
1. wooden clothespins (I got mine at the dollar store)
2. scrapbook paper or card stock
3. Mod Podge
4. buttons, string, brads and whatever else you want to embellish with.
5. paintbrush (I used a disposable sponge brush)
6. Glue Dots

1. I just laid my clothespin flat side down on my paper and traced with a pencil then cut it out.  Sorry I didn't take a picture.  Hopefully you know what I mean.
2. Brush a thin layer of Mod Podge on one flat side of the clothespin.
3. Place the paper on the clothespin.
4. Brush with another thin layer of Mod Podge.
You can stop now and be done or embellish with buttons, bows or whatever! 
I think they're really cute and super duper easy!!!  You could easily make the boards and pins in one night of Young Women.

Come back soon,
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...