Thursday, September 8, 2011

Roast Beef and Pepper Jack Panini

Pin It
I thought I'd share my favorite sandwich with you.


Our daughters gave us THIS panini grill for Christmas. 
Picture from hamiltonbeach.com

It has changed my life!  Ha ha.  We are cooking on this thing everyday!  We even took it on a vacation and made sandwiched in the room.  It saved us a ton money and vacation calories!  We all put any sandwich we would normally eat cold and we heat it up on this little baby and suddenly the ordinary sandwich (Including the good ole' peanut butter and jelly) becomes a gourmet meal!  At first our sandwich's were pretty basic, but over the past months we've been coming up with new combinations.  This one is my very favorite!

If you want to try it, here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
* Your favorite bread.  I used whole wheat in the picture, but my favorite is sour dough.
* Your favorite sliced roast beef. (I use private selection from my local grocery store deli.  It's really good quality.  You could even use leftover pot roast.)
* Pepper jack cheese
* Mayonnaise or Ranch dressing.  (I only use Ranch if I'm not worried about Ranch Breath)
* 6-8 green olives (You can skip these if you don't like them, but this is what makes the sandwich special and it's my favorite part!)

Plug in Panini grill.  Spread the mayo or Ranch on bread. Then add the rest of the ingredients ending with the olives.  (You can cut them in half to keep them from rolling.) Spray the top of your sandwich with non-stick cooking spray (or butter). Place sandwich (sprayed side down) on grill.  Spay top of sandwich.  Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.

Mmmmm! 

Come back soon,

1 comment:

NC Sue said...

I just started a new group board, Paninis, Anyone? I'd like to invite you to share great panini recipes but the only way I know to send the invite is via email. If you're interested please leave a comment with your email address on one of the posts on that board. Oh - and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...