Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cute Fall Flower Arrangement with "Cake Balls"

Pin It



Aren't these beautiful?!   The pictures really don't do it justice.
These were given to us by the new Young Women's Presidency because we just got released.  Sniff, sniff.  I about died when the Young Women brought these out to us.  They made the "Cake balls" as a group.  What a fun idea for an activity! 
I have seen different ideas for these "Cake balls" all over the internet. Especially on pinterest.com.  If you want to make them Here is a link for a basic recipe. They are way easier than they look and they taste delicious.  They would make a cute neighbor gift, visiting teaching treat, birthday gift etc.  My daughter says she wants to serve them at her wedding.  (She isn't engaged.  She just a normal girl who has been thinking about her wedding since she was a teenager. Ha ha.)  I hope you'll try these.  I can't wait to make some.

PS:  I will still be posting some handout and activity ideas that I have done in the past. 

Come back soon,
 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this cute fall arrangement! I've been making cake pops for awhile and YES, they are easy. I learned using a tutorial. I made them for my daughter's wedding, and for my son's mission farewell.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SUZY said...

Dear Unknown,
Wow! I'm really impressed! I have so many questions for you. How did you make these cake pops for such a big crowd? Did you freeze them? What flavors did you use? Did you do the sticks or just balls? How did you display them? I bet people loved them. When I bite into one I am always surprised by how good they taste. Way better than your everyday frosted cake. I don't even want to know how fattening they are!

Unknown said...

I usually spread it over 1-3 days. Once you bake the cake it easily lasts that long. Even after you mix the cake with the frosting, it can sit overnight in the refrigerator. I don't freeze them because of expansion/compression issues---the chocolate cracks. Our favorite flavors are lemon, red velvet, chocolate. I've only used sticks. I bought some 8" white metal vases from IKEA and placed styrofoam with holes punched in it inside. I stick the cake pop in the holes. I've used them over and over---I'll probably eventually replace the styrofoam. After I've made them they've lasted for a week just sitting out on the counter top. I had 28 YW over at my house making them for their mom's for Mother's Day. It's been fun. Fattening---we won't talk about that.

Ms Fisher said...

Such a great post about flower arrangement Chicago. Keep on posting!

SUZY said...

Thank you Ms. Fisher! I will keep posting! Thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...