Friday, October 14, 2011

Sweet Potato Casserole



It's Fall!  Time to think about the wonderful holidays coming up.  My kids are talking about what they want to dress up for on Halloween and the Broccoli Cheese soup that we eat every year.  (I'll post the recipe soon.  It's yummy!)  I'm also thinking about Thanksgiving.  What a great Holiday.  I can just about smell it now, the house on Thanksgiving morning.  Stuffing used to be my favorite thing on the table.  The kind cooked in the turkey. Mmmm. 
You know how there are those people who like candied yams and those who don't?  Well I've always been more on the "Those who don't" side of the issue.  I've always liked yams and sweet potatoes, but not necessarily with marshmallows and stuff on them.  However, this recipe has moved sweet potatoes to the very top of the list for me.  I'm not kidding.  It's soo good!  I was surprised when I got the recipe from my friend Vicky to see it has eggs and milk in it. I'm wondering if it's kind of similar to Sweet Potato Pie.  I've never tried sweet potato pie, but if this is anything like it I now understand why those who have tasted it make such a big deal out of it.

Seriously!  TRY THIS RECIPE!!  you won't be sorry!

Mix together and place in sprayed 9x13 inch baking pan:

3 Cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes (3 to 5 medium sweet potatoes)
¼ cup butter
1 cup Sugar
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs

Topping:

1 cup brown sugar
½ cup flour
1 cup butter (you can use less)
1 cup chopped pecans (opt.)


Sprinkle topping over sweet potato mixture.

Bake at 350* F for 30 to 45 minutes. It’s better the second day. You can make it a day ahead and then reheat it for your meal.

What is your favorite dish on the Thanksgiving table?



Come back soon,
 

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

I made this the other day and it was a huge hit!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...