Tuesday, November 8, 2011

3 Miles!

Pin It


Isn't this picture gorgeous? I took this with my cell phone Saturday.  Can you believe it's a cell phone pic?  I was surprised it turned out so good.  My cell phone pics are usually not so great!

 This is the bike path I posted pictures of in the spring HERE. We had our first snow storm Saturday and it was beautiful! I can't believe I'm saying that because I've always hated winter, but I have just been so excited for it to snow this year and I loved it. Saturday was a big day for me because I ran 3 MILES. That is huge for me because I have never run 3 miles in my life. My family and I have made a goal to run a half marathon this spring. We are not a family that runs. Hayley, Tanner and Morgan run, but none of the rest of us do. Like I said, running three miles was a huge accomplishment for me. I'm really slow It took me about 50 minutes so I'm running around 18 minute miles, but at least I'm doing it, right? I found this great quote on Pinterest. It has really helped to spur me on.
And here is another one just for laughs..although it's true in my case.  Ha ha.

We are going to run a 5k this Thanksgiving and I'm ready!  My biggest fear is that I will be the last one to finish and everyone will have packed up and gone home by the time I drag myself across the finish line.  How embarrassing would that be?  One thing I do know though, is that when I finish that run, my family will be there cheering me on!  They are the best!

Come back soon,

2 comments:

Peggy Jean said...

You are so inspiring!! I love this post and that quote from pintrest! I too am going to run a half marathon in the spring and am so super scared!

SUZY said...

Really Peggy Jean? I'm scared too! I am going on Pioneer Trek this summer and that used to terrify me most, but now it's the half marathon. I figure if I can do that, I can do Trek. Good luck with your half marathon and your training. I would LOVE to know how it goes!

Thanks for commenting. It really made my day.
Suzy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...