Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Broccoli Cheese Soup - My Favorite!

Pin It

I hope you all had a great Halloween! I just love this time of year and Halloween is the kick off to the Holidays! Halloween at our house is cooking, trick or treating, TV (it was Pee Wee's Big Adventure and football last night), and eating the best Broccoli cheese soup on the planet! I'm not kidding, this soup is the best. It is also fattening and we usually only have it this one day a year.  I am posting the recipe below.  You have got to try it.  (That's my bowl in the picture with plenty of black pepper!)
Broccoli Cheese soup


Boil 15 to 20 minutes till broccoli is tender:
2 cans chicken broth
2 can water
4 bouillon cubes
1 onion
1 large bag frozen broccoli (You can use fresh)

Mix:
1 cube melted butter
2/3 cup flour

Add to vegetables and stir.  This will thicken the soup.

ADD:
1 to can evaporated milk
1 medium sized box of Velveeta processed cheese (cubed).
6 slices of cooked, crumbled bacon.  (I used already cooked bacon this time and it was great!)

I made this first thing in the morning and poured it in the crock pot and kept it on warm all day.  When we were ready to eat it we poured it into bread bowls we bought at the grocery store. If it gets too thick you can thin it with milk.  So Delicious!!!

Come back soon,

2 comments:

Mo said...

Thanks Madre! I've never had broccoli cheese soup as good as yours. EVER! I'll be making a copy of this recipe for sure. Love ya! :)

SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Mosey! I can't wait to make it and eat it with you in a couple of weeks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...