Thursday, November 10, 2011

Christmas Door Card

Pin It


Wow, Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks. I am so excited! I like to have my house decorated by Thanksgiving so I had better start. Don't get me wrong. I love Thankgiving. What a great thing it is that we have a day set aside just for the purpose of reflecting on our blessings and expressing our gratitude to God and to those whom we surround ourselves with. I will share some of our Thanksgiving Traditions in a later post. And I will try to remember to take some photos of our fall decorations before they get taken down.

I love the way Thanksgiving naturally melds into the Christmas season. It's so perfect. We thank the Savior for all He has given us and then we celebrate His birth. What could be more fitting? Our Thanksgivings are always filled with Christmas decorations and Christmas music. In fact, I am one of those annoying people who is already listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween. I just love the feeling it brings into our home.

I haven't decided yet what I am doing for this year's Christmas card, but my talented card making sister has made the most adorable card. I just had to share it.


I just love this card! It's so warm and welcoming! Not to mention, adorable! I'm thinking it would make a cute tag too. I may use this idea with my neighbor gifts. The caption could read, "Merry Christmas from our door to yours." or "Merry Christmas to our wonderful neighbors.". Shannon used her Cricut to make the door. She used the Wild Card cartridge. Yay! I have that one. You could easily do it by hand though. Shannon inked the edges and the markings in the door. She used a brad for the door knob. To make the wreath Shannon punched a small circle with a circle punch and then, using a slightly bigger circle punch she punched the first circle out making a ring. The pine boughs were made with a Martha Stewart punch. Shannon says she uses this particular punch a lot, so it may be worth buying. Let's hear it for 40% off coupons at Michael's and Hobby Lobby! The rest of the card is pretty self explanatory. Red floss to "hang" the wreath, thin red ribbon for bow, and a Merry Christmas banner could be printed or stamped and then hand cut.

Thanks for sharing this card Shannon. And Happy Birthday yesterday! I loved sharing the day with you"

Come back soon,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...