Friday, January 6, 2012

2011 Christmas Cards

Pin It



I LOVE this idea I got from Pinterest!  I pinned it, but it disappeared somehow.  I looked for it so I could give the right person credit, but I can't find it.

You could use this idea for anything you want to save in a cute, organized way: cards, letter,s YOUNG WOMEN HANDOUTS, etc..
 I absolutely love receiving Christmas cards each year. I love sending them too. We send out 100 each year. We have lived several places throughout our marriage and exchanging Christmas Cards is the way we stay in touch with the friends we have made in each place.
I tape the cards and letters we receive on the doors and walls of our entryway and we all love looking at them and reading them It always makes me feel a little sad to take these cards down and it's really hard to throw them away. For about 2 years I "scrapbooked" the pictures people sent in their cards, but I really don't have time for that. If I am going to scrapbook anything it's going to be my own family which I am SO far behind on. That's why I love this idea so much!
I started with our own card and letter from this year.  (I thought this was a cute design.  I went to Walmart.com and just dragged the pictures where I wanted them and I was done!  Yay for Walmart!  I did our letter Subway Art style.  I think people are so busy around Christmastime that long letters go unread much of the time, so if you want to share your news...I think short and to the point is best.)
I simply gathered the cards, pictures and letters and punched 2 holes in each one and secured them with some metal rings I folded the letters that were a full page in half and punched the holes on the folded side. They can easily be opened up and read when you're looking through the. Book. I absolutely love it.
I think I am going to do this with any cards or letters I have saved from people. I don't save them all, but those really special ones go in a box and I never read them again. I can't wait to get them done.

Come back soon,
 

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I love this idea and I can't wait to do this to my Christmas cards. I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog after searching for "Scripture Treats". I am a new follower.
Shauna
myshaenoel.blogspot.com

SUZY said...

Thanks Shauna! I checked out your blog. Wow! So many great ideas for kids. And you draw too. I am so impressed! :)

Suzy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...