Monday, January 2, 2012

Teacher gift Christmas 2012 "To Teach Is To Touch A Life Forever"

Pin It


Due to the wind storm we had a few short weeks ago, the kids schools were closed one day and so there was a make up day. It was a good thing because I forgot to get something for Kade's teacher. With no time to shop, I found myself in my craft room Tuesday evening hoping for some ideas for a gift for Kade's teacher (who has been very sweet). This is what I came up with.
I used basic Grey's Urban Prarie line for all of the paper. In my opinion, this is one of their cutest collections. I love it. I started by printing THIS saying onto the pink paper (Morning Glory).

I used a block of wood left over from the temple blocks. I'm not sure of the exact size, but it's a little bigger than 5x7 and it's about an inch think.

I will try to remember the sizes I cut everything, but really, you can do this however you like it. I didn't measure anything. I just started cutting. ( I was in a big hurry.)

Also, I inked all of the paper edges with brown ink before I adhered it to the project.

I cut a piece of (meadow) paper to fit the wood. I'm pretty sure I cut it to 5x7". I adhered it to the wood block with a thin layer of Mod Podge.
Then I cut a strip of (weather Vane) striped paper about 2 inches wide and attached it with Mod Podge about an inch from the bottom.
I cut out the saying next. I don't know the size. Sorry. Just eyeball it and do it like you like it. I Mod Podged that down next.

You're almost done.
I tied a bow around the whole thing. And added a label and a ladybug that I got from the sticker pack that came with the Urban Prairie Collection. I attached the label with a glue dot.

You could add a coat of Mod Podge to the top, but I like the paper finish.

Pretty easy huh?

3 comments:

Kim said...

Very cute! But on your download file... you left off the word "life". Can you fix this?

SUZY said...

Thank you so much Kim. Sometimes when I convert files to PDF some elements disappear. I don't always notice so I really appreciate your pointing that out. I have it fixed now.

Thanks,
Suzy

Waseem said...

you make it easy to follow...look easy to do.

Send gifts to pakistan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...