Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Young Women Manual 1 Lesson 5 "Finding Joy in our Divine Potential"

Pin It


HERE is the lesson from the Manual
For my handout I used the talk by Sheri Dew called Knowing Who You Are and Who You Have Always Been  You can find that HERE.  You can download it for free and burn it to your CDs.  This talk always makes me feel so happy and excited to be a woman!  It makes me want to be better and to use the gifts that God has given me to help build His kingdom.  Seriously, listen to it and see if you don't feel the same way.  Here's how you download the talk.
1. Right click on the audio icon.
2. Choose "Save link as" from the menu.
3. A new window will pop up.  Choose  "Music" and give your file a name you'll recognize when you try to find it.
4. Click okay
click you start button at the lower left hand corner of your screen.
5. Choose music.
6. you should find your file there.
The quote I put on the CD is a quote Sheri Dew shares in her talk.  You can print the quote HERE. I printed mine on white card stock.




I used my trusty label maker (LOVE THIS THING!) to print the title and author of the talk.  Got the title wrong because I left out the word "Knowing"  :(
 I bought the CD sleeves at Walmart.  They were $5.99 for 100.  I have some ideas I want to use these sleeves for other than CDs. 
I wrapped the CD with a 12" X 2" piece of black card stock
I cut out a 3 inch tag. (Anyone know the name of this shape?)  I used my Gypsy and my Cricut to cut these from the Gypsy Wanderings collection.  You could just use squares if you don't have anything this shape.  It would be cute.
I used these punches for the flowers.  Easy right?

I attached the tag to the black band and that was it.  To open the CD you just slide the band off.

They fit nicely into this recipe file I found at Michael's for about a dollar.
Come back soon,

5 comments:

scrapbookmomx5 said...

Question--

I love this idea and want to use it, but I can't figure out how to download the talk so I can burn CDs. How did you do that?

SUZY said...

I'm not at my computer right now, but I think you right click on the audio or mp3 button and then select "save to computer" (or something like that) then click ok and if I told you right it should be in your "downloads" folder. If that doesn't work, email me back and I will send it to you in an attachment. I think the trick is to right click. I remember having trouble till I figured out the right click thing. 

Good luck,
Suzy

Brenda said...

Thank you so much for linking us to that talk! I love your idea and will be using it in my lesson next week. Thank you!!

SUZY said...

You are so welcome Brenda. Don't you just love this talk? It makes me so glad I'm an LDS woman!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a link to the talk that isn't just the transcript? I've searched all over and can't find it. TIA.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...