Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring Wreath



Who doesn't love spring?  I get so excited every year when the temperature starts getting warmer and the trees start budding.  I swear I want to cry with joy when I see the first crocus forcing it's way out of the cold ground.  This wreath captures my happiness perfectly.  Just look at this wreath with it's pretty flowers and all of the PINK and you'll know how spring makes me feel.    

Here's how I made it.
I found these raffia flowers, and the butterfly in the dollar bins at Michael's.
 I got this Styrofoam wreath at Walmart.  It was broken, but I used some glue and a wooden skewer to fix it. 
Then I wrapped the wreath in ribbon.  Did I mention I LOVE pink?
I used my glue gun to glue the first layer of flowers to the wreath.  I usually try to do things asymmetrically, but this wreath worked better symmetrically.  I then added another row of flowers placing them on top and in between the first layer. Then I went back and glued down any parts that were loose.
I layed the butterfly net across the wreath and glued it on.  I got it at target in the dollar section.
I Cut the word "Spring" out with my Cricut with patern paper (Basic Grey's Lemonade)  I used my Gypsy to weld letters from the Close To My Heart cartridge.  If you dont have a Cricut or something similar, you can put a big letter or other decoration of your choice in the place of the word spring. 
I cut five "Springs" out of cereal boxes and layered them by gluing one ontop of the other with scotch quick dry glue and then added the top patterned paper layer.
I inked the edges and dashed a border around the letters using a black marker.  Then I glued the wood to my wreath and added my butterfly to the net.

 I had enough materials left over to make another one.

HAPPY SPRING!!!

Come back soon,
 

3 comments:

Martha M. said...

This has to be the prettiest Spring wreath I have seen so far! Beautiful!

Marisa said...

That is a beautiful wreath. I love the bright colors. I found you on Lil' Luna and I am a new follower. Come by and visit.

SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

What a nice comment Martha! Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...