Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Completed Teacher Gift 2012

(Sorry about the really ugly cell phone pic, but I finished this this morning and then  Kade took it to school so I had NO time to take a decent picture.  It actually looks really cute. I promise!)





Remember this post?



I got Kade's appreciation gift for his teacher finished ahead of schedule, but I just kept thinking it wasnt quite finished.  There was something missing.  I had a lot of that adorable paper left so I thought maybe I would make a card to match.  Then I thought, "Why don't I just make a set of cards to match and give them as part of the gift? (More ugly cell phone photos :( )









I placed the cards in a cellophane bag and tied it with a bow, but I didn't feel like the package was complete yet.  For one thing, it didn't balance.  I needed a third thing.  And what was I thinking?  Where was the chocolate?  What kind of an ungrateful parent doesn't include chocolate in any gift for a woman?

Enter Pinterest...Look how adorable these little buses are.  Julie @ likeaprettypetunia  Came up with these and made it oh so easy for us!  All I had to do was to print the buses and the page toppers, cut them out and attach them to Hershey's Nuggets.  So quick and easy.  We made a bag for the bus driver too.  HERE is a link if you want to try them.




Now it balances!!




I just wrapped everything in cellophane and tied a bow around it.







Then I added a simple tag.  It's actually a Christmas sentiment, but I definitely think it applies here.  :)


Thank you to all teachers.  I could never do what you do!


Come back soon,

2 comments:

Mrs Smith said...

Mom! How do you come up with this stuff? You are sooo creative! I love you!!!

SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

Madi!!!  
Hey girl!  I miss you!  One week and you'll be here and we will smother you with so much love that you'll be glad to be leaving again so you can breath
!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...