Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day and Father's Day Gifts



Do you need a little gift for your Primary or Young Women's class to make for their mothers?  Here are a couple ideas.

I did two versions.  One using boxes I cut with my Cricut and a simple using a celophane bag.

Ladies first...

For the Mother's day gift-"For My Marvelous Mom"
Start by printing the tags HERE .
I cut them out with a 2" circle punch.

Then I glued the circles onto white card stock and cut a border around the circle with scalloped scissors.

Put a package of M&Ms in a Cellophane bag.  Mine measured 3 1/2 X 7 1/2"
I cut a 3 1/2" circle out of white card stock, folded it in half and stapled it to the top of the bag.
Then I added the Tag.

I added a couple of flowers with pink brad centers.
DONE!  Easy right?

If you want to put it in this little purse I used the Tags, Bags Boxes and more Cricut cartridge.  I cut it on a 12 x 12 mat using the fit to page feature on the Cricut.(I think it cut at 8", but I'm not sure.)
I made the flower from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.  I love that flower!
The label is by My Mind's Eye and the stamp is Stampin' up (I Think).
I used cheap magnets from Walmart to close the purse.  I tried Velcro, but the hold was so strong it came unglued from the purse every time I tried to open it. :(
I just used scrap ribbon I had on hand.  I threaded it through the slots on the purse and tied knots on each end to hold it in.  I added the tag to the back of the purse.

Father's Day-"My Pop Rocks"

Print the tags HERE on the card stock of your choice.
I used a 2" circle punch to punch out the circles.
I cut a 2 1/2" circle out of coordinating card stock.
Adhere the quote to the larger circle.
Put the Pop Rocks into a 3 1/2" X  7 1/2" cellophane bag
Fold a cardboard shape of your choice over the top of the cellophane bag to form a page topper and staple it to the bag.

Add your label to the page topper and you're done!

I used these little bags from the Wrap It Up Cricut Cartridge. I used my Gypsy to fit two on a 12' x 12' page.  I just added the tag onto the back of the bag.

I think these would be fun in class.  They would come together really fast.  You can have them add a little card or right on the back of the tag.

Come back soon,
 

1 comment:

Hank hendricks said...

these are best gifts for any occasion..but i think gift card put in Gift Card envelopes can also be used.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...