Monday, July 2, 2012

Mission Survival Kit



This is what I sent Hayley in the MTC.  (There is also a card that reads, "Mission Survival Kit" in case your missionary has already been through the MTC) I figured since she just left home she had all of the "stuff" she needed so I just sent treats.  It's mainly just to let her know we are thinking of her . I sent two of many treats so that she can share with her companion and I figure she will share it with the other missionaries too which helps her to make friends and makes everyone happy right? 
 Here are just some of the tags.   Click HERE to print the tags, a card, and a list of what candy I attached to each tag.
I have included a matching card.  After all, they like letters better than anything else you can send them.  I believe the card is 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" (the typical homemade card size)
I sent Hayley's package a couple of weeks before she arrived at the Preston, England MTC so that it would be there to welcome her.



Come back soon,

6 comments:

deerie65775 said...

Very nice!! I love coming up with ideas for my missionary. :)

twinsand2boys said...

Thanks for sharing...so cute. Ive never heard of a Up2U candy though??

SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

Thank you Deerie65775, I checked out your log. You have a lot of cute package ideas!!! Sorry I took so long to reply. Somehow I didn't see your comment. :(.

Twinsand2boys, I am assuming that you have twins and 2 boys. Wow! I always wanted twins. I'm sure I had no clue at all how much work that must be. Thanks for your comment. UP2U is gum. I found it at a mini mart at first, but now I see it all over including the grocery store.

Natalie said...

Thanks for your cute ideas! I found this site while searching for some care package ideas for my brother, who is also currently serving in Leeds!!

SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

Natalie! How fun to hear from you! Which missionary is your brother? I have a blog where I post Hayley's pictures and emails. You may see your brother in a picture. Sisterhayleyb.blogspot.com

twinsand2boys said...

Just made it back again...yes I have 4 boys, the middle two are twins. My oldest son will probably be leaving this summer for a mission so gathering lots of ideas...then the twins are 2 years to the day (well actually 2 days before) so they will go as soon as my oldest comes home, then because of the age change my youngest can leave right when they come home...so 6 years of missions. Anyway, thanks for your response. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...