Friday, August 17, 2012

Portable Homework Station



Wow!  I can't believe that summer is almost over.  It makes me so sad every year, but by the time school starts I am totally into it.  I LOVE fall!  I love the clothes, I love the weather and I especially love the upcoming holidays!!!  I think what I love most though is that feeling of renewal and a brand new start that the new school year brings.  I guess I should feel it on New Year's day, but it's this time of year that I feel the desire to make new goals and recommit myself to being better.  That being said, I thought I'd share this idea that I put together to help homework go more smoothly for my soon to be third grader.  I'm calling it my "Portable Homework Station".  Sounds pretty official huh?

 I found this lap desk at Michael's for about $6.00.  I rummaged through the glittered girly pastel ones to get this manly blue one because there is no way Kade is going anywhere near anything "For a girl".  I was a little surprised though, a couple of days ago, when he was temporarily enamored with a bright teal pair of jeans.  (His favorite color). Ha ha.
 I got all the supplies that I could anticipate Kade needing to complte his homework so that we won't have to waste time running around looking for colored pencils or glue sticks. I put several of the items in this pencil box and put all the items in the side poakets and we are ready to go.  Bring it on!

Hopefully this will speed up the homework process a little bit and make it a little more fun for Kade.  Enjoy what you have left of Summer.  It goes way too fast!


Come back soon,
 

3 comments:

ScrapSmith said...

what a fun idea!

SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

Thanks "Scrapsmith"! You are awesome!

smo hwguiders said...

Hello,

Nice portable things for the kids, Which will save our time for packing after our kids have finish their home work. Thanks a lot for your post...

CMGT 400 Complete Class

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...