Monday, September 24, 2012

2013 YW Theme: Stand Ye In Holy Places-Binder cover, Handout, etc.



Here's what I have for the Young Women 2013 Theme.
This is a picture from when my daughter got married.  It is the most popular thing on my blog --by far! I thought it worked perfectly with the this year's Theme. We own the copyright so there is no problem using it.  Here is a release from the photographer in case you have a problem.  Walmart is a stickler when it comes to copyrights and often will not print without a release.  Just print this release and take it with you when you go pick them up.  This should work, but let me know if you have a problem.

 Just open the picture. (You may have to right click and choose open in new window) When the picture comes up, right click and then click on "Save image  as" make sure you know where you are saving it to. ( I have made two versions.  One with part of the scripture and one with the entire scripture.)


Print it out the size you like. It's less expensive to have the pictures printed by Costco or Walmart or wherever you usually like to get your pictures printed. Printing on your printer uses us your ink quickly and we all no how expensive printer ink is!

I have made a few sample projects for you, but the possibilities are endless!

The first one is a Binder Cover. I printed the picture as an 8X10, mounted it onto patterned paper to fit a 3-ring binder's transparent pocket and then I tied a ribbon around the left side of the front cover.  It makes it fun to use the binder.  You know how we women tend to be.  If it looks cute, we enjoy using it more right?
Next, I have a wood block.   This would make a great activity for the girls to make.  It would also make a cute, cheap gift for the girls as you introduce the new theme.  You could make it whatever size you want. Just cut the wood to match the size of the pictures.  (This one is 5X7 but you certainly don't need it to be that big.

 I just painted a piece of wood black and adhered the picture using my Scotch ATG. 

 It has a good, strong adhesive, but you could use whatever works.  You could use Mod Podge too. See TEMPLE BLOCKS POST. I actually didn't use anything else on this one. I just adhered it and then roughed it up a little.  the Matte finish on the picture is easier to rough up than the glossy finish. Be Careful though,  I roughed the first one a little too much.  Poor Garrett!  Look what I did to his head.  I can't believe it. I roughed up my son-in-law!
I tried tying the ribbon on the side,but it kind of covered up some of the words.  If you like the ribbon on the side you can just cut the wood with a little extra space on the side.

Another use is just to print the picture as a 4x6 and use as a hand out.  You could also frame the picture -any size to use as a gift or to display during opening exercises. You could even have it made as a poster.

I would love to hear how you used it.  We bloggers LOVE feedback!!!


Come back soon,
  This post was featured on Sugardoodle.net

13 comments:

wilonestar said...

I


I think I just found my Christmas gifts for the girls this year. Thank you so much for not only sharing this idea, but your lovely daughter as well.








SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

You are so very welcome. Thank you so much for letting me know how you are using these. It makes me happy! Have fun.

Tiffany Johnson said...

LOVE IT!! I just took our youth to help with the Open House for the Boise Temple. I took pictures of each kid in front of the temple to try and personalize it. I hope my computer skills get the job done. Thanks for the idea!!!

johnsonmadness.blogspot.com

SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

Tiffany, what a great idea!!! The youth are going to love it! Thanks for sharing your idea!

Jolly Rogers said...

I've had this printed at my local walmart and they won't sell it to me because they say they need a statement clearly saying that its not copyright protected and available for public use. Can you add something like that to this post that I can pick up my prints? Thanks so much.

SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

Jolly Rogers, Walmart is famous for that! I guess it's a good thing, but its a total pain at the same time. I'll get a hold of the photographer and see if I can post a waiver. Thanks for the suggestion.

SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

I added a release to the blog. You can find it by following this link. https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4XTmb-xpWgjXzRPdGpta0dYUWM

Jen I said...

That picture is beautiful! We are going to use that theme for our New Beginnings. I'm thinking it could be really pretty with a vellum overlay for an invitation or program.... Thanks so much for letting us use it! I love sharing all the hard work we put into our callings!

Debbie said...

Thank you for sharing the beautiful picture of your daughter! We are using it for a New Beginnings evening. It is truly beautiful and inspirational

Jolly Rogers said...

Thanks so much for adding the release. I have tried to pick up the prints several times with no luck, now that I have the release they will have to give them to me!!!! Thanks!

Brenna said...

Thank you so much for sharing this idea. My YW presidency feel in love with the modge podge block. We will be doing that for a mutual activity this month. Thanks for sharing your daughter's wedding picture with us all!

merrili tons said...

Thank you very much for your wonderful ideas. You are a lifesaver!! I am going to frame the "stand in holy places" and use it for my yw room:)

SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

Merrili, I have been getting a ton of spam comments lately. It's been such a pain in the neck!!! I was so excited to see your comment. It made me so happy to see a real comment. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...