Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Salmon and Asparagus Oven Packets


Our family is really trying hard to eat healthier meals.  No more take out (Only once per week), lots of fruit and veggies, less bread, lean proteins and less carbs at night.  This means I have to cook more.  :(

Here is a recipe I came up with for Salmon and Asparagus.  It was delicious and the best part is...no icky fish pan.

First, I brushed a piece of foil with olive oil.
Then I laid down some asparagus.
Next, some lemon slices
Then the fish sprinkled with salt and a little lemon pepper.
Then I added some fresh dill.
I wrapped the foil around the layered food and placed each packet in a 350* oven for about 25 minutes.
It turned out SO good!  (Wish I would have remembered to take a picture of the finished product.) The asparagus had a pretty strong lemon taste so if you don't like that you may want to use less lemon, but I liked it.
I had some asparagus left over so I just wrapped it up in some oil covered foil with a little dill on it and cooked it with the packets.  Every bite was devoured! 
 I will definitely make this again.  I think the whole foil dinner thing is going to be a trend around here for a while.  I'm going to do hamburger patties later this week.  I'll let you know how it goes.



Come back soon,
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...