Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"Box of Sunshine" Missionary Package



So back in December I literally prayed for snow.  Christmas was approaching, Madi and Garrett were coming to stay and I think it's a drag when we don't have a white Christmas.  Even though I was wishing and praying for snow, I knew in the back of my mind that I would be wondering what the heck I was thinking when Christmas was long over and we were stuck in the cold, hazy Utah January that seems to last an eternity.  Haha...I was right!

Some of you know that my daughter Hayley is serving a mission for our Church in Leeds, England.  She got there in June, and I was surprised to see her wearing a coat and scarf all through the summer.  She says it is very cold there now and they are having an especially snowy winter this year.  She sent us this picture Monday.

I pinned this pin on pinterest way back when and I thought now would be the perfect time to send a "Box of Sunshine" to my missionary.


Here's my version:
I got a flat rate box at the post office and decorated the flaps by covering them with patterned scrapbook paper.  I cut the suns and letters out with my Cricut.  I used the Cupcake cartridge for the letters and the Create A Critter cartridge for the suns.
     
I have been collecting yellow things to put in the package for several months. Here are some of the items I sent in the package.I included: an umbrella, a scarf, candy, soup mix, stickers, lip balm, princess Pez dispensers, a sweater, socks etc.
Almost full.  Being flat rate I always stuff these babies as full as I can get them.
There!  Done! 
I made a printable PDF of the card.  You can print that HERE.
I usually let my missionaries know when there is a package coming so they have something to look forward to, but I think I want this one to be a surprise.  

I think this would be cute made in a smaller version, like a jar of lemon heads or a small gift basket filled with a few gifts and wrapped up with cellophane with the card attached. Either way, have fun sending sunshine to your missionary or someone you love.

Come back soon
,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...