Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My latest news!!!

I wanted to share our family's big news with you. Most of you know that I am a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  (Also known as the Mormon Church).  Our son Dallin has volunteered to serve a mission for our church and opened his mission call Saturday.  Here he is opening it.

You could hear "Russia", but once he got that out we all went crazy and you couldn't hear the rest. Dallin has been called to serve in the Russia, Novosibirsk Mission. Wow! That is about as far away as you can get!  We are all very excited!  I can't believe Dallin is going to be speaking Russian!  He will be heading to the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on April 24.  We are going to have to get this boy some REALLY warm clothes.  Apparently, the temperature can get as low as -22F  WOW!  Good thing Dallin likes the cold.  If you want to know more about the missionary program HERE is a link you can find out more about what it is.  Thanks for sharing in my fun family news!  I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and I hope 2013 brings you joy and growth and good fortune.

  Come back soon,

8 comments:

Tasia said...

Oohhh!!!!! That is so amazing! I love watching people open their Mission calls....my boyfriend should be getting his sometime this week so this has a special place in my heart, as I'm sure it does in yours. I am so happy for your son.

A friend of mine also just got called to serve in the Russia, Novosibirks Mission! Russia sure will have lots of amazing missionaries in soon!

SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for your message Tasia! I loved hearing from you! Have fun this week watching your boyfriend open his call! It's SO exciting!!!He's lucky to have you supporting him.

Becky L. said...

How exciting for your son and you! My son opened his mission call on Saturday, as well. He has been called to the Argentina Bahia Blanca mission (we live in Southern CA). He reports to the MTC in 6 weeks on 13 Feb! So soon. :/ Good luck w/all the preps. BTW, I really enjoy your blog :)

Liz Taylor said...

That is so exciting! You have two missionaries out! I love your ideas and will remember them for when family members go out soon!

SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for all of the comments. I REALLY love hearing from you. I get so excited when I see a comment come in.
Congratulations on your son's call Becky! Oh man,
6 weeks? That is SO soon! Are you in panic mode yet?

Sarah said...

That's exciting news! Congrats!!!

Tami said...

Congratulations!! What an exciting time of life! Our son returned from his mission (San Jose, Chinese-speaking) s little while ago. We are just in awe of how wonderful he is! The Lord can do things with our sons that even the best of parents can't! So grateful!!

Lisa G. said...

Congratulations! My friend's son served in that exact mission and has been home about 2 years. He absolutely loved it!

My son just got to Bolivia from the Peru MTC. We have yet to hear from him, but he was so excited.

Congrats also on *two* missionaries!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...