Monday, June 10, 2013

Do It Yourself Birthday Cake


 I just sent a BIRTHDAY PACKAGE to my son Dallin who is in The Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah.  He will be flying to Russia in less than 3 weeks where he will be a missionary for our church till April of 2015.

I wanted him to have a birthday cake on his birthday.  There are several places that will deliver goodies to the MTC.  I have tried Dear Elder.  I have also been wanting to try Thurgoodies.  I'm sure there are several ways to send a birthday cake to the MTC, but I wanted to send Dallin something I know he loves and I wanted him to be able to eat it whenever he wants to.  I decided to send him a DO IT YOURSELF BIRTHDAY CAKE.
 I just bought a box of "Ding Dongs"  (I can't believe Hostess doesn't exists anymore.)  and added some birthday candles to the box and added a tag.  He can stack the 'Ding Dongs' all at once and insert a candle in each cake or eat them one at a time.   You could use the Little Debbie cakes or whatever  you like.

 I think this would be cute for Young Women's or visiting Teaching as well. It would be perfect for the kids in your Primary class or a friend.

Print tags HERE.

Come back soon,
 

3 comments:

Tasharoo said...

Thank you for sharing all your missionary "goodies"! I'm getting ready to send off a "greenie" box to my son serving in North Carolina. I just read that you have a son in Russia... and I believe a couple from our ward may be his mission presidents? Dan & Julie Gibbons? If so, SMALL WORLD!!! Exciting Times!!

Tasharoo said...

Thank you for sharing all your missionary "goodies"! I'm getting ready to send off a "greenie" box to my son serving in North Carolina. I just read that you have a son in Russia... and I believe a couple from our ward may be his mission presidents? Dan & Julie Gibbons? If so, SMALL WORLD!!! Exciting Times!!

SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

Tasha Roo,

President and Sister Gibbons are Dallin's President and companion!!! It really is a small world! I hope you missionary loved the package. Thanks for saying hi!

Suzy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...