Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Comfort Food That Won't Make You Fat-Protein Pancakes



Here is another "Healthy Comfort Food That Won't Make You Fat" post. This recipe is one of my staples.  I know.  That sounds a little weird.  Pancakes as a staple?  I admit it's different, but you'll see as I post more recipes why I chose to post these pancakes as one of my first recipes.  I have completely removed white flour from my diet.  In fact, I gave up bread.  Even whole wheat bread.  that is the one thing I thought I could never do, but these pancakes have helped me.  They have kind of taken the place of bread for me. The only carb in these babies is good old oatmeal.

This recipe is from

  If you have never tried this recipe before you will be amazed at the ingredients these pancakes are actually good for you and they taste oh so good!
Ingredients

  • 1 cup low fat cottage cheese (I think fat free would work also. I haven't tried it.)
  • 1 cup uncooked oats
    6 egg whites
    2 packets artificial sweetener (I use Steevia)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (I don't always use this)

    Directions
Mix it all up in a blender and cook as you would regular pancakes till they are golden brown.

Right click on recipe card and save as a photo.  Print as 4x6.

I quadruple this recipe every week or so.  I freeze half of the pancakes.  I use these for tons of recipes. These pancakes have kind of taken the place of bread for me.


  • Serve with fruit, sugar free syrup or jam and I add a little butter spray (I can't Believe It's Not Butter or something similar)


Makes 2 servings 


I LOVE these pancakes and they are so good for you!  I hope you'll try them.

Come Back Soon,
   

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...