Friday, September 27, 2013

Halloween Eyeball Cakeballs-The perfect "Boo" Gift



AREN'T THESE CUTE!?
I ran across the idea last year on Pinterest.  I couldn't wait to try them.Have you ever made cake pops before?  It's so simple.  Just bake a cake.  Let it cool. Then crumble it into a bowl and mix in a cup of frosting.  Roll into balls and cover with melted chocolate.  If you want them on a stick.  Dip the stick in your melted chocolate, insert into cake ball and then dip.  Decorate with your candy of choice.  The eyes on these were made with a gummy lifesaver and a mini chocolate chip.


I colored some shredded coconut by mixing orange food coloring with it.  Then I put a layer of it into this box I made using the Close To My Heart Artiste Cricut cartridge. page 49/keypad button 19
I added the cakeballs and then wrapped everything in Cellophane and a big orange bow. I added this little monster tag that I made using the Cricut Bump in the Night cartridge.
I gave these out as Neighborhood "Boo" gifts.  I love the way they turned out and they actually taste yummy!

Come back soon,








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...