Saturday, September 21, 2013

Team Wreath



Today is the big UTAH VS BYU game! My family will be rooting for our Utes! This is a big rivalry here in Utah and I wanted to fly my teams colors for this game and others too.
I was able to put this wreath together with items I already hand on hand.
I had an 11 inch grapevine wreath and tied ribbon around it using double knots. I just kept adding ribbon till I was satisfied with the way it looked. It took a lot, but I used up many small pieces from my ribbon stash.

I cut the "U" out of a piece of white card stock and a piece if chip board using the varsity cartridge and my Cricut machine. I LOVE this cartridge! I cut the "U" at 8". I used the multi cut feature. 6 cuts total. My chipboard was pretty thick and I ended up trimming a little with scissors which wasn't a big deal because the "U" has only straight lines.

I adhered the card stock to the chipboard and added "Go Utes" with some rub- on letters. I hung it on the door and it looked stupid and puny. Haha. So I added this black frame that I had used for another project that I never liked. Now I like it. I think the frame made all of the difference. I just hung the wreath from the frame with a ribbon looped through the wreath around the frame.
GO UTES!!!

Come back soon,
Suzy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...