Sunday, November 24, 2013

Christmas Mantel

Are you decorating your house for Christmas yet? Or are you anti Christmas till after Thanksgiving? I have to confess that as soon as Halloween is over I have an overwhelming desire to listen to Christmas carols and to start decking the halls with boughs of holly! I like to have my house all decorated BY Thanksgiving. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Thanksgiving and I think Christmas and Thanksgiving meld together extremely well. After all, the many things we humbly give thanks for on Thanksgiving day were all given to us by our Savior who's birthday we celebrate less than a month later. Besides, I don't want to spend those precious days between these two magical holidays putting up decorations and making a complete mess of the house. Having said that, I wanted to share my progress on the holiday decor thus far.


I have my mantel finished. I love this picture by Greg Olsen. I am all about The true meaning of Christmas. We are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. I also see Santa Claus as a symbol of Christ. His sole purpose is to bless the lives of the children he loves so much. I love the way this picture combines the two meanings so tenderly. I will show more decorations later.




I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving surrounded by the people you love. We all have so much to be thankful for. Thanks for visiting my little blog and thanks for the sweet emails and comments you leave. They always make me so happy.

Come back soon,
Suzy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...