Thursday, April 24, 2014

Birdcage Card



Well, I'm a little late on this challenge, but here is my entry for the BBTB2 challenge.

 My cute sister gave me the Cricut cartridge Creative Cards and I haven't had much of a chance to use it so I've decided to experiment with it a little bit.  This is my first project and I love this cut!  I LOVE bird cages and I love the way this card comes together.
 I popped the birdcage up with foam dots and also the little bird.  With the intricate design of the birdcage I wanted to keep the card simple. The paper is from American Crafts Peachy Keen collection.  I LOVE THIS PAPER!I used neutral twine for a bow on the top of the birdcage in order to keep it simple and to avoid competing with the birdcage. I used the cutout from the card front to make a matching tag.   I really love the way it turned out.  I love the clean, simple look of it.
I haven't stamped a sentiment on the card yet because I don't know what I'm using it for yet, but I am thinking of using the stamp set Life Is Tweet from Close To My Heart.  I especially like the stamp that says, "A little birdie told me...It's your birthday!"

Head over to Bitten by the bug 2 and check out the cute cards everyone has come up with.

Come back soon,
 

7 comments:

moknowsall said...


Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Bbtb2

Maureen

Laura Pizz said...

Wow -- great card! Ypou have inspired me to use that cart! Thanks for doing the BBTB2 bird challenge! ~Laura
Follow me @ craftychickscreating.blogspot.com

Mollie said...

Your cards are so sweet! I LOVE the fold card and the birdcage is fabulous! Great papers too! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at BBTB2!!!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Very beautiful card !! Wonderful design , and colors !! Thank you so much for joining us at BBTB2 ! Hope you join us again and have a wonderful day !
Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Fabulous card and tag Suzy!! I love the papers and the great cutout on the front of the card. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Bird' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

Pam MacKay said...

Awesome tag and card set! Love that bird cage! Thanks for joining BBTB2!

Caroline said...

You chose such pretty papers for your creative card. I enjoy the cuts that are on this cartridge and you did an awesome job on your card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...