Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Easter Basket gifts




HAPPY EASTER!!!

This is my favorite time of year!  I just love it! My favorite flowers are tulips and I love seeing them pop up everywhere!  
When my husband was in graduate school at George Washington University We lived in Arlington Virginia just outside DC.  In fact, the then Vice President Al Gore lived about 4 blocks away from us. How did we know this?  One Easter afternoon Ted and I and our 3 kids went for a walk.  We saw a kid riding his skateboard.  We said hi to him and my husband asked him his name.  He almost rolled his eyes in exasperation as he said, "Al Gore Jr.".   We had heard the VP lived near us, but now we knew exactly where.  He had red sauce on he end of his nose and my husband asked him what he had for dinner.  (Remember.  It's Easter Sunday).  Al Gore Junior then confessed that he had eaten pizza for dinner.  That's right.  The Gore family had pizza for Easter dinner.  I was kind of surprised.  I guess I pictured them having butlers and maids serving them a seven-course meal in a fancy shmancy dinning room with a big loooooong table .  HAHAHA.
 Spring in Washington DC is GORGEOUS!!!!  EVERYTHING blooms there!  The cherry blossoms, azeleas, dogwoods etc!  My favorite bloom of all though, was the tulips.  Back in 1963 Lady Bird Johnson set out to beautify Washington DC and let me tell you...she succeeded!  There are tulips everywhere.  Not just a couple here and there, but solid tulip patches in parks and in the triangles on the roads.  Yep, Loved the spring in DC.

I wanted to share the baskets I made to give to the ladies I visit teach.  I love making little gifts for my friends!!!  It really does make me happy to take them a little something now and then.
I made the baskets using the Cricut Wrap It Up cartridge. (One of my very favorites!)  I cut it at 11 inches. I used a glue gun to glue the tabs together.  Glue and glue dots just weren't holding.  As for the bunny pick- I used a skewer and cut the bunny from Holiday Cakes. I think I cut the bunny at 3 inches.  I popped the top layer up with some foam squares. For the paper and ribbon I used the Day Dreams collection from American Crafts.
I entered this on the challenge over at BBTB2.  There are some really cute projects over there.  Check them out.


Come back soon,
 

12 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow Suzy this basket is amazing! I love how the bunny looks high above it. Looks like it is a good size too as you have lots of goodies in there. How sweet of you to make these for your friends. I love it! Yes, isn't DC so beautiful with all the tulips?! I love seeing the tulips there too and then I saw them as a child for the first time, I so wanted to pick everyone of them. lol That wouldn't have went over well. That is a funny story about Al Gore Jr. and his family. Pizza huh?! Why not! lol Must have been the help's day off. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

Caroline said...

Oh, what a pretty basket. Love the bunny cut on the skewer. So pretty!! I loved your Al Gore story, what fun. Just like the rest of us, lol. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Sharon said...

Love your basket!! And that darling bunny. Thank you for describing the tulips in DC and for the Al Gore story. Thank you very much for joining our 'Easter Project' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

Nancy Face said...

Cute basket!

I LOVED your story about Al Gore Jr!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This is perfect !!! I love the basket, and the bunny is so cute !!! Thank you for joining us at BBTB2 !! Hope you have a wonderful day !!
Mayra DTM
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Mollie said...

This is my first time to your blog - I'm amazed I haven't been here before! I'm a new follower - I LOVE all your pages for LDS ideas - you can never have too many, right? Your basket is so cute!!! I need to give this cut a try on the WIU cart! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at BBTB2!!!

Have a great day!!!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Pam MacKay said...

What a wonderful Easter basket love the design and the soaring little bunny! Thanks for joining BBTB@

Jayne said...

Love your Easter basket. This picket fence cuts is one of my favourites. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Jaren said...

This is an adorable basket!! Love the bunny's bow too! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!!

Laura Pizz said...

Wow that is a great project! Thanks for doing the BBTB2 Challenge this week! Please follow me @ http://craftychickscreating.blogspot.com.

Georgiana said...

What a fun treat basket! Happy Easter to you!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This is such a lovely Easter basket you made !!! Wonderful colors, design , and patterns !!! I am so happy to a new follower !!! Hope you have a wonderful day !!
Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...