Friday, May 23, 2014

Teaching Institute

 Ted and I have been teaching Institute for three weeks now...What?  What happened?! This is something I didn't ever expect to do.  Scary!!!


For those of you who don't know, Institute is basically Gospel teachings for college students.   I have taken MORE than a few institute classes for sure.  When I graduated from High School  I didn't enroll in classes at the University of Utah, but I took the bus to the "U" every morning and took Institute classes all day with my friends who were waiting to turn 19 so they could head out on their missions. I absolutely loved it and I look back on that year as one of the best in my young adult life!  I took Institute every quarter when I was in college (Yes, I did eventually take actual college classes) and several as an adult as well.  By then I had Ted in the classes with me. I have taken Institute from some of the best gospel scholars there are and I am not exaggerating even a teeny bit when I say that. Some teachers that come to mind are John M. Madsen, Thomas R. Valletta, W. Jeffery Marsh, Calvin R. Stephens and David A Christensen.  You would think that this would give me confidence right?  No.  It intimidates me because these teachers have forever touched my life and I feel so grateful for them.  I feel such a responsibility to the students who are in our class. I can't even begin to explain how humbled I am by this new calling.  I have taught Primary, Young Women and Relief Society and I LOVE it!  I really do love teaching and I always feel a great responsibility to those I teach. There are no cutesy handouts or elaborate themes in Institute.  All I am armed with is the scriptures and my testimony. ...and Ted.  He is an amazing teacher!  Actually he is an amazing EVERYTHING!!! I know this is a great opportunity for me to grow in my knowledge of the scriptures.  I love it.  I can already feel myself growing. PRAY FOR ME! Or maybe I should say, Pray for our class! : )
Come back soon,

4 comments:

Nancy Face said...

I'm sure you will be AWESOME!

Suzy B said...

Thanks Nancy! I was so happy to see your comment. Nice to know there is someone reading. I was feeling pretty lonely. I love your profile picture! It makes me happy just looking at it!

Tammy said...

I want to come!!!! Where do I sign up? Are you kidding, they only ask those who are qualified. You will both be fantastic.

Suzy B said...

Aww! Tammy, I love you! No way! You can't come! It would scare me to death! Ha ha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...