Friday, January 9, 2015

Homemade Baby WIpes



When my youngest, Kade was born, my good friend Sharla gave me one of my favorite gifts ever!  Not only did she give me a container of homemade baby wipes, but the recipe was attached!  I made the wipes over and over again and saved a ton of money because they cost nearly nothing!  I wish I had known how to make these when all of my kids were babies. I still bought regular wipes for the "big "jobs, but these homemade wipes were a lifesaver. Now that my babies are having babies of their own I have dusted off this recipe and I am sharing it with them.  It makes a great baby shower gift too!  

Here are the only ingredients you need.
The only part of this that really cost much money is the container and after you buy it once you never have to buy it again. This is the container I used.
Start by cutting a roll of paper towels and a half. I used a knife with a serrated edge.
You are not going to have a perfectly smooth edge. Just take any loose ends off.  Put one half of the paper towel roll in your container rough side down.  Mix 2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon of baby oil, and 2 tablespoons of baby wash together and pour over paper towels.  It doesn't matter what brand do you use. Just use the one you like the best. These ones smell so good!
After a few minutes of soaking (seriously, about five minutes is all it takes) remove the cardboard Roll from the center of the paper towels. As you remove the cardboard the paper towels will raise up out of the middle.  Pull the towels from the middle as you use them.


If desired, add the printable tag to your container. You can print it on card stock and mat it with scrapbook paper like I did or you can printed on regular paper and tape it to the container. I laminated my tag so that it will wear well.  I made the tag using and blues and pinks so it can be used for a boy or a girl.
Print the free tag(s) HERE.

After you add the tag the recipe is right there with the wipes so they can easily be refilled.

Come back soon,
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...