Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Taste of Utah Basket/Package



Do you have a friend from out of state coming to visit or do you have a loved one far away who could use a little taste of home?

  I live in Utah and this is a package that I sent to some friends of ours from New Orleans Louisiana.  My husband had the privilege of volunteering medical care for many of the victims of Hurricane Katrina. There was an older couple that he was especially fond of. So much so that he brought me to meet them. They are great people and I immediately fell in love with them too.  They have kept in contact with us through phone calls, letters and even send us a king cake during Mardi Gras.  Chances are they won't make it back to Utah and so we decided to send a little taste of Utah to them. 

I was excited to put this package together.   I went searching for items that typify Utah and our culture. One rule I had was that everything in the package had to be made here in Utah.
To each item I attached a brief explanation of what it was and how it pertained to Utah.
Here are a few of the things I used. 
1. Honey-Utah is the Beehive State
2. Lehi Roller Mills-the dance scene in the movie Footloose was filmed there. 
3. Salt Water Taffy- A little info on the great Salt Lake
Etc, etc, etc
I have printable tags for all of the items I used. They are free for you to download HERE if you choose. 

I also thought it would be fun to make a basket for guest who was coming to Utah from out of state. You could include some gift cards for some places that you think they might like to visit.
This was a fun for me to put together. I really enjoyed it. You could even send it to your missionary.


Come back soon,
  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...