Tuesday, March 24, 2015

How I Organize My Ribbon



I love ribbon!  I love giving gifts to the people I love and I love making those gifts look fun, festive and beautiful!  No matter what I'm giving, it usually ends up wrapped in cellophane with a cute tag and a nice, big bow.  I believe in big, generous bows. It makes all the difference In The appearance of a gift!  However, ribbon can get expensive. That is why I save every piece of ribbon I get. I also buy ribbon when I find it cheap!  As you can probably guess – I have a lot of ribbon.

I store my ribbon by color. I used to save the cardboard spools and wrap my ribbon around those, but it still takes up a lot of room and the spools are all different sizes. I like more uniform look. I came up with this new system and it is working great for me.

Find a container and cut cardboard or card stock to fit the container and simply wrap your ribbon around the cardboard.  What I like about this method is that it takes up less room and you can easily see what kind of ribbon you have at a glance.  (I love these storage containers I have. I bought them at target in the bathroom organization section, but I have not been able to find them again. They have been discontinued.)

It looks so much better this way! And it takes up so much less room.  

Come back soon,
  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...