Monday, April 27, 2015

Happy and Exciting Things For My Family

I have been so AWOL!  It's good though because I have been preparing to welcome my missionary son home from Siberia. Dallin gets home April 29 after serving there for two years.
It's been hard work and he has been so grateful to be able to serve, but he is VERY excited to come home.  I have been preparing a bedroom for him and getting miscellaneous errands done to be ready for his return!  I can't wait to see him.  He went out an 18-year-old boy and he is coming home a man.  He has changed and grown SO much over the last 2 years.  I can't wait to get to know him all over again.  He lost 110+ lbs while he's been in Russia.  The weight didn't merely fall off.  He worked extremely hard to lose it.  He worked out every morning and he drastically changed his diet.  Here is a "Before" picture.


 I'm so proud of him and you can bet I will be asking him to teach me everything he did to lose his weight.  I will be sure to pass that along.

I have also been helping my son Tanner get his paperwork done for his 2 year mission.  He has all of the paperwork done and is just waiting to find out where he will be called to serve.  We are hoping to find out this week.  In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints the missionaries send in their papers and wait for an assignment.  We believe that God calls them to the place where they will be best suited to serve and with the five members of our family that have served missions it has proven to be true every time.  I will post a video of Tanner opening his call as soon as he gets it.

This is a very happy and exciting time for my family.

I am planning on doing some instruction videos.  Dallin is an expert.  I will start posting as soon as he tutors me.  I have been contacted by Shutterfly and they have asked me to do a spotlight on the shutterfly blog. I'm so excited about it. The first video I make will most likely be for them.  I'm really excited to get going.  Thank you for visiting my blog.

Come back soon,
 

2 comments:

Renae said...

Thank you for sharing. I'm excited for you. My oldest has only been out for 9 months. I know that it was the best place for him to grow and help others. My second son is just finishing his papers to go serve also. I'll be watching for updates.

Suzy Q said...

Thank Renae, You'll have 2 out together! That's so cool! I'd love to hear where your son gets called. Missions are amazing things aren't they?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...