Friday, November 27, 2015

White Chocolate Popcorn and Neighbor Gifts 2014



I've said it before...I love the whole neighbor gift thing. It's just so fun!  In Utah we all kind of disappear into our homes during the snowy winter months and I love the connection that neighbor gifts provide.  I am going to share a few of the gifts we got last year, but first I'll share what we gave.

I usually don't like giving perishable Christmas Neighbor gifts because I tend to deliver them in waves.  I have had baked gifts get stale too many times and since they are no longer acceptable I end up throwing them away.

This year though, I made White Chocolate Popcorn.  It stays fresh for a few days so it worked for me.  It's so yummy and VERY EASY!  That's always a bonus this busy time of year.
It's basically popcorn covered in white chocolate with other goodies added. You can add whatever you like, but here's what I used:

1 batch of air-popped popcorn. (This is not an exact recipe so use microwave popcorn or whatever you have in any amount you want.)
1 or 2 handfuls pretzels
1 or 2 handfuls salted, roasted peanuts
1 or 2 handfuls M&M's 
4 squares melted almond bark
Add anything you think would taste good! I think it would taste great with mint M & M's, but not everyone likes mint so I did plain.
Spread all ingredients, but almond bark on a large baking sheet.  Drizzle the melted almond bark over the popcorn mixture and fold together until everything is well mixed.  
That's it!  Not too hard right?
I got these cute Christmas boxes at Dollar Tree.  I lined them with waxed paper before adding the popcorn, then tied them with a nice big bow.  
I added a cute tag (made by my friend Patti) and that was it.  

Packaging matters.  If the package is attractive the treat inside will just taste better.  That's just the way it works.  Don't you agree?

Here are some of the neighbor gifts that I received this year. I think there are some very cute ideas!

Carolynn is so clever! She wrapped a bottle of non-alcoholic sparkling cider in a bag made from a sweater. The tag reads, "it's sweater weather!" I thought that was so clever! I thought the Argyle bag was a cute touch and homemade Christmas tags! Look how darling they are!
Homemade bread and jam? Yes please! Not necessarily a new idea, but who is ever going to turn this one down! We all absolutely loved this one. Thank you Janet!
Julie not only shared her favorite hot chocolate recipe, she also she included a sample of the drink and a bag of her favorite Dutch Coco. Really delicious!
I thought this one from Kristy was cute. Peppermint lotion for the holidays! I love how she added peppermints to the bag and I love the matching tag!

Here's a cute one! Susan made her own seasoning salt with a tag that says, "Tis the Seasoning"
I always love a new dishtowel and this one was a really nice one.  I love it!

I love this one from my friend Debbie.  A darling glass pitcher filled with her healthy favorites.  Crystal Light and Sugar Free Werther's Candy.


Lotion and body wash is a classic!  Thanks Sheila!  This one smelled incredible!

Everyone enjoyed the candy kisses in this cute little mug.

Kade loved decorating the fridge with these cute Christmas Clings.


It's a fun idea to share a family tradition.

The note reads "We wanted to share with you our tradition to remember your love.  This is our mission.  So we put the babes in bed so we can be alone.  By candlelight or fire glow share a glass and a gentle kiss.
ADORE EACH OTHER.  THAT IS OUR WISH!"

We "WISK" you a Merry "Kiss"mas!

Then there is this cute hostess gift. I use this spatula almost daily and I think of Kim every time I use it.

he tags reads "Thank you for "Serving up" a great Christmas Eve!"

Hand warmers and lotion.  You could say, "Warm" Wishes for a Merry Christmas!

I thought these were some pretty clever gifts.  Hope they help you decide on your gifts for this year.

Come back soon,



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...