Saturday, April 16, 2016

Relief Society Birthday Party 2016-Happy "BEE"-day!


We just finished holding the Annual Relief Society Birthday Party and this was a fun one to plan.  We chose to call it the "BEE"-day party!  What a fun theme it was for us.  We had so much fun using BEES, BLACK, YELLOW and GREY!




1.) THE INVITATIONS
We planned for 64 people and had 63 attend.  Hows that for planning?  It always such a guess.  We promoted the heck out of this activity though. We passed invited out at church AND took them to homes.  We have a FB page so we posted reminders there.  We sent out mass emails and texts and made lots of announcement in RS, YW and Primary.

You can download and edit the invitation HERE. Save it as a jpeg and print at your local photo lab.  It's a lot cheaper than printing it out on card stock.
2.) THE POSTERS
I really wanted the posters to get noticed.  I think the 3D bees and the bright colors helped me to do that.
I was lucky enough to be making the posters before Easter and made the bees out of these large Easter eggs I found at Dollar Tree. I also found this yellow flower windmill that made the perfect wings.
3.) THE DECORATIONS

We had SO much fun with the decorations! The yellow tablecloths belong to me and the grey and white runners belong to my friend BJ. The PLATES, NAPKINS, BANNERS, LONG TABLECLOTHS and the CUPS were all purchased at a place in Roy, Utah called Dilly Dallies.  They were inexpensive and SO cute! Candice made the centerpieces simply by wrapping canning jars with a black bandana and tying helium balloons to them. Balloons are a great way to decorate because they are cheap, but they make a big impact.  Walmart is the cheapest we found them, but prices vary according to location so call around.

HERE is a link to the waterbottle labels. We attached a paper straw with washi tape.


I made this wreath just for fun by wrapping a wire wreath frame with a fether boa.  
4.) THE MEAL
Krogers has delicious fried chicken and it's CHEAP!  we served the chicken will rolls and salads.

5.) DESERT
We had these cupcakes for our dessert.
6.) THE PROGRAM
We had 9 women share each share one of President Hinkley's B's.  Each lady took 1-2 minutes and shared an experience or thought.  I have to admit that I was a little nervous about this part of the night because I was worried that it would go too long and drag on.  I am happy to say that I was wrong to worry because the ladies were awesome!  The things they shared were wonderful and they all stayed within the time we gave them. We printed these bookmarks from PRINTASTIC DESIGN .  They actually served as our programs as well.
7.) THE ENTERTAINMENT
This handsome group performed "BEE" still my soul for our opening number and they even bought matching black and gold ties for the occasion.
I'm sad I didn't get a picture of our closing musical number.  The group of awesome women sang Be My Little Baby Bumble Bee.  It was very cute!


8.) SERVICE PROJECT
We got a great response for our service project which was to make BIRTHDAY BAGS to donate to our local WOMEN'S SHELTER.  Often there are kids who birthdays occur while they are in the shelter and this gives their moms an opportunity to celebrate the birthday with the child.  The kits include cake mixes, frosting, sprinkles, candles, napkins and plates. These are divided and put into individual gift bags.  We were hoping to get 20-25 kits, but had nearly enough items donated for 100 kits.


9.) THE FAVORS
These little honey bears were a bit of a splurge.  We only have 4 activities a year and this is our "BIG" one so we are able to spend a little more.  I ordered the bear bottles HERE We bought honey at Sam's Club and filled them, put a label on them and tied a bee around the neck. Isn't he just the cutest little guy you've ever seen?

Print the labels and bees HERE


I would consider this one of our most successful activities. I hope this makes your next activity easier!


Come back soon,
 

3 comments:

benilhalk said...

The bee party sounds amazing to me. Will love to plan it but the problem is that I have never planned any party till now. Have booked a Chicago event space too. Really hoping to plan a flawless and perfect party.

Heber Meeks said...

I have downloaded the invitation but cannot edit it. What program did you use to edit it with?

Suzy Q said...

I used Microsoft Publisher.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...