Friday, April 1, 2016

Shadow Box with Paper Flowers.



I belong to several Cricut Facebook groups and I keep seeing these darling shadow boxes full of paper roses. I absolutely fell in love with them and I was dying to try my own. So when shadowboxes went on sale for 50% off, I decided it was time to go for it.  
This is my version. I didn't do the roses. I had actually cut these flowers out a year ago or maybe even more when I was trying out the Flower Shoppe cartridge. I hung onto them because I didn't know what to do with them, but I thought they were adorable and I knew I use them for something. I added them to a the tops of few wrapped gifts and I love the way it looks, but I knew there was a perfect project for them I just didn't know what it was till I saw all of the flower shadowboxes on FB then I knew this  was the perfect place for my pretty flowers.

The saying is from an Hymn by the same name. We sang it in church often when I was growing up and whenever There was bickering or arguing in our family my mom would start singing it. It was kind of annoying at the time, but it actually worked and now it is a beautiful memory of my sweet mom and of my childhood.

The background is the original background that came with the shadowbox. It also came with a strip of Velcro. I cut the Velcro up and I attached a little piece to the back of each flower it holds them in place perfectly.

I cut the words out of adhesive vinyl.  I designed it in cricut design space so I knew exactly where I wanted everything, but I just eyeballed it when I actually put it on. ( I do wish I hadn't capitalized the "W" in "when" though.  It really shouldn't be capitalized and now it's driving me crazy!  I'm going to have to go back and fix it.)

I think this would make a really nice wedding gift. You could use a neutral colors like black beige cream etc. and you could put their last name and the date their family was established (married) or you could put Mr. and Mrs. Etc.  you could even add their picture or their wedding announcement somehow.

I loved this project!  Hope you do too!

Come back soon,
Suzy

3 comments:

Mo said...

I think this is my favorite thing you've made!

Suzy Q said...

Thanks Mo! It wasn't hard. You should make one.

Garima said...

Great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...