Wednesday, June 7, 2017

The Best Cheesecake!!! You Need These Recipes!!!



I'm just gonna put this out there...
CHEESECAKE IS THE BEST THING ON EARTH!!!

I don't know why, but I didn't taste cream cheese till I was in high school. My Young Women's advisor (church youth group leader) was making hors d'oeuvres for a party she was having at her house that night. She was simply spreading cream cheese on white bread, cutting the crust off and cutting them into squares and triangles. She finished them off with a garnish of some type. Some had olives, some had cherry tomatoes etc. She gave me a taste and I wanted to eat the whole dang tray! What the heck? What kind of sheltered life had I lived up to that point in my life?

Since then I have been in love with cream cheese, but the best we to have cream cheese is in the form of cheesecake! I have passed my love of cheesecake onto my family and most of the family parties and birthdays we have feature the cheesecake of their choice.

Not just any old cheesecake is acceptable. The taste has to be good. That's obvious, but the texture is key! No slippery, pudding like texture for me.  That is just not right.  The texture needs to be more cakelike.  If you were to break a piece off it would break unevenly, and leave a bumpy edge. Yep, texture is everything.
Saturday we celebrated 3 family birthdays. My husband's, daughter's and son's.  Everyone wanted cheesecake. Hayley wanted Chocolate with an Oreo crust and Dallin wanted a basic cheesecake with strawberry topping.  I have made a lot of cheesecakes!  I tweak the recipes until they are just how I like them, but these ones were extra good!
 Basic Cheesecake

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter
1/4 C sugar
4 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 C sugar
4 eggs
2 t vanilla

Preheat oven to 325* F
Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 1/4 C Sugar.  Press mixture into bottom of 9 inch springform pan.  Bake for 10 minutes.
Beat softened cream cheese with 1 Cup Sugar till well blended.  Add eggs one at a time.  Add Vanilla.
Pour mixture into pan. Bake for 60 minutes.
Turn off oven. Leave Cheesecake in oven for 30 minutes and then refrigerate.
When cheesecake is completely cool, drop dollops of Coolwhip evenly around Cheesecake. Slice 3 strawberries in half and place them on each dollop.

Strawberry topping.
Add sliced strawberries to a jar of  Smuckers Strawberry Topping.  I melted the topping and then added the strawberries.  Easy and yummy!



Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Cookie Crust

1-1/2 C (about 20 cookies) Oreo crumbs
2 T butter melted
3 8oz pkgs cream cheese - softened
1 C Sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 12 oz pkg Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
3 eggs
1 jar Smucker's Hot Fudge

Preheat oven to 325*F
Mix Oreo crumbs with butter.  Stir until well mixed. Press into bottom of 9" springform pan. Bake 10 min., Set aside.

Beat cream cheese and sugar together to smooth and well mixed. 

Melt chocolate chips in microwave.1 minute>stir 30 seconds>stir. continue at 30 second intervals till completely melted. then add to cream cheese mixture.

Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.

Spoon batter onto crust and bake for 60 minutes. Turn off oven and let cheesecake sit in oven for 30 minutes then refrigerate. When completely cooled, melt hot fudge in microwave according to directions on bottle.  Pour over top of cheesecake allowing some to drip down the sides.

To garnish-add 6 dollops of coolwhip to top of cake by sliding off spoon with finger.  Place a cookie into each dollop. (you can sprinkle each dollop with chocolate chips, cookie crumbs, etc)


PS: Hayley is engaged!  We will be welcoming this handsome man to the family in September!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...